Monday 9 January 2012

Belated Happy New Year

Thankfully Christmas and New Year went by without a hitch. We had a lovely time when my family came down prior to Christmas for a few days they stayed in the Manor House and my niece and nephew had a lovely time running up and down the 2 staircases and finding great places to hide! Nige and I were by ourselves for Christmas day and we popped down to our local; The Old Smithy at Welcombe to have a couple of drinks with friends before coming home to a lovely roast goose! New Year came and went - the first year we didn't make it 'til midnight - must be getting old!
We have had so much rain here over the past 6 weeks, I think I can count on one hand how many 'rain-free' days we have had. Everywhere is saturated and the chickens aren't happy scratching around in mud! I am wary about letting them out of their pen since the fox attack in November and so I only let them out when I am working in the garden and make sure they don't stray far.
Half the cottages were let over Christmas and New Year and we have people in at the moment. January and February bookings aren't looking too bad at all considering it is winter and we are already up on last years bookings, so this year look likes it will be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment